Prominent Ear Surgery - Ear Aesthetics (Otoplasty)
WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT IN BUCKET EAR SURGERY?
The best age for prominent ear surgery is preschool age. Ear surgery performed at an early age is of great importance.
PREPARATION BEFORE SURGERY
- Aspirin and pain medication should be stopped one week before the operation.
- It is very important to stop smoking before surgery.
- It is performed under general or local anesthesia.
- The operation takes approximately 1.5 – 2 hours.
HOW IS THE HEALING PERIOD IN BUCKET EAR SURGERY?
- On the day of your operation, you can return home with your doctor’s decision.
- The bandage stays in the patient’s ear for 3-4 days. Then he wears a hairband to protect against a possible impact.
- You can return to your normal life within 1 week.
- You must protect your ear against trauma for 3 months.