WHAT IS SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY (TUBE STOMACH)?
Sleeve Gastrectomy is the cutting of the stomach along the long axis during the surgery and turning it into a small tube. Thanks to this operation, the stomach of the patient previously enlarged up to 1500 cc, and after the operation, it can only take food up to 100-150 cc.
HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN BE LOSING DUE TO STOMACH SURGERY?
After the surgery, patients can eat much less than the amount they are used to, as the stomach shrinks. In this way, they get the minimum calories. Our patients can easily lose approximately 90% of their excess weight after surgery. While weight loss is very fast for the first 6 months, the stage is completed within 2 years.
HOW IS TUBE STOMACH SURGERY PERFORMED?
- Gastric sleeve surgery is performed with a special camera and laparoscopic, ie closed method.
- The operation time is approximately 35-40 minutes.
HOW SHOULD NUTRITION BE AFTER TUBE STOMACH SURGERY?
- The patient recovering from the operation can only switch to watery food after 24 to 48 hours.
- The three-phase nutrition program includes Liquid Nutrition, Puree Nutrition, and Solid Nutrition phases.
WHEN TO BE DISCHARGED AFTER TUBE STOMACH SURGERY?
- Patients are usually discharged on the 3rd day after surgery.
- Within 10 days, the patient can return to his normal life.