Rhinoplasty or Nose Job
What is rhinoplasty (Nose Job)?
Rhinoplasty is in a way reconstructive nasal surgery. It is one of the basic operations of the department of Otorhinolaryngology. If there are curvature, bone, and deformations in the nose, nose surgery can be applied. In rhinoplasty, a plaster cast is used for a week and a nasal tampon is inserted for 2 days.
CARE BEFORE RHINOPLASTY (Nose Job) SURGERY
- Before the operation, the anesthesiologist carries out your analysis and health screening.
- Before the operation, the patient’s having ailments such as colds and flu can be considered an obstacle.
- If you have had nose surgery before, you should tell your doctor.
- You should share any medications you use with your doctor.
- You should not consume blood thinners and foods.
After the Nose Job surgery
A tampon can be used after the operation. The doctor determines when the pad should be removed.
After the operation, bruises and swelling can be observed under the eyes. This is a perfectly normal situation.
The bruises disappear within a week. Edema around the nose disappears completely within 12 months.
WHAT TO DO IMMEDIATELY AFTER NOSE SURGERY
- Do not blow your nose.
- Do not lean forward.
- Do not consume excessively hot beverages and foods.
- Do not stay in the sun too long.
- Do not try to remove the bumper.